Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dear Caleb,

Dear Caleb,

Now on to you Twin B or Thing 2. Words cannot describe how happy you are! You wake up with a smile. You go down with a smile. You are so happy. It warms my heart to see you. Just about every time I look at you, you have a big, toothless grin for me. Your blue eyes sparkling. It is just pure joy to look at you. And, you look like mommy. Which is special to me.

You are an explorer. Since you have learned to move, you want to see everything. I say move because you are not quite crawling, yet, you make your way around an entire room, down the hall and can go just about anywhere you want. The only thing that stands in your way is your need to touch and taste everything that you pass. You scoot. Kind of like an army crawl. You find something to chew on and peek over at me, and give me this great big grin, like you are discovering the world. And you are.

You are determined. You want something, you see something and you figure out how to get it. You are resourceful.

You are funny. You have a sense of humor. You laugh at things. You laugh in the most adorable way. Its loud and giggly. I love it.

It's not easy being a twin and it's specifically not easy being a twin to someone who has disabilities. It may seem at times that we need to concentrate on Owen. We take Owen places and leave you home. I don't know what you think, but the way you look for your brother when he is gone, tells me that there is a connection there. I wonder if you will take care of him.

You kiss me. With your big open mouth and you know what you are doing. I love it, even with all the spit!

Every night while I rock you to sleep, you reach up and try to touch my hair. Then after I lay you in your bed, while your eyes are closed, you reach back for your blanket, grab a hold of it and snuggle it to you. I wish you would stay this little forever.

You are already smart and mischevious. I already know that you will be the most trouble of all when you are a teenager. I see the head-strong, determination and charming smile and know that we are in trouble! I can just see the smile you will give me when you are getting in trouble later in life.

You are so chubby. You have rolls on your thighs, rolls on your arms, chins, a roll by your ankles and they could not be more adorable.

You have no teeth yet and you don't say ma ma or da da. You do say things. Mostly "Agoo." I am not sure what it means but you are absolutely delighted when you say it and so am I.

You love, love, love to eat. You say "mmmmm, mmmm" when you want food and like almost everything. You aren't fond of chicken. Neither am I. Grammy taught you how to say "Ahhh" and open your mouth when you want another bite. You open your mouth wide and scream "AAAAAA" with this high pitch squeal. It's hysterical.

I cannot wait to continue to know more of you. I can't wait until you can tell me all the reasons for those smiles. I love you Caleb.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment