Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dear Owen,

Dear Owen,

Since you are Twin A or Thing 1, I figured I would write to you first. I write a blog and I write a lot about my boys and probably most often you. One day I will print all of my pages and put them in a book for all my boys to see. From time to time, (or all the time) I wish I could freeze time and capture moments forever. You will notice I take a lot of pictures of you guys, well that is one of my attempts to do that. This blog is the other. You and Caleb are so cute and lately I see so much of your personality forming and shining through. I just wanted to take a minute to write to you and tell you all about yourself now.

You are so handsome. You look so much like your daddy, but with darker hair and dark eyes. Your eyes are so special. From the moment I looked in them, I knew that you were amazing. You were just born and I had no idea what was going on, but I looked at you and it was almost as if you were telling me, it will be alright. The NICU nurses saw it too. Your whole family did. So many people told me right off the bat that you were wise, they could tell by looking in your eyes.

You are so forgiving and good natured. Each day you are tested. PT hurts, OT hurts. Doctors poke, prod and manipulate you. What you endure is not pleasant. Yet, you work hard every day. You take all they give and trust me baby, its necessary and for your own good, but its not easy. Yet, you find a way to smile after. To look at their faces and smile, as if to say, it's OK. I am so proud of you.

You have grown inquisitive or as I like to say "nosy". You want to explore. To touch, to grab. I can't explain how cute it is. All I can tell you is that watching you pull my hair, reach for a toy, play with a book is the most rewarding thing I have ever seen. When you were born you could not open your hands. I wasn't sure we would get even this far and after seven months, I now know how much farther we will go.

You love to laugh. It's at the silliest of things. Last week Gavin was playing with you and being silly and slapping his own face and you burst out laughing and giggled for so long. Then there was the giraffe at therapy. You found it hysterical! (This week, you cried hysterically at it, for unknown reasons). And then the colorful bear. Watching you laugh makes laugh. It makes me so happy.

Right now you want to move. I don't know what you must think about your limitations. I see you watching Caleb. I know you want to crawl. You have mastered rolling. I wonder often how you will get around. I used to wonder if. But I know you will find a way. You are determined. You have learned to make yourself heard. You used to cry softly. Now you wail as loud as you can and you talk just loudly.

You talk. Ma, ma, da, da, da, da. Lots more das than mas. But I will take it! And you have two teeth. You squeal. You make all types of noises and true to both sides of your family, you find yourself funny.

Owen Sedey, you are a remarkable baby and I cannot wait to get to know you better. I love you.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment