Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My boys

I have been so busy lately and with everything going on, I have not had time to sit down and think out what I want to write. I had entries about Christmas started, one about a book I recently read and loved and I just haven't had the time to finish and/or write about them. Life is too busy right now. I don't often say I need to slow down, but the more tired I get, the more I realize, I do. I need a break. Needless to say, I wanted to write a quick update on the boys.

Owen had surgery last week on 1/27. It went well. The doctors were happy that all of his anatomy was in the right place, the cord de-tethered and snapped back about an inch. Hopefully this will loosen him up a bit and will allow for his clubbed foot to be corrected for the last time. Fingers crossed. He is happy again and this morning was trying to dance as I was leaving for work. He has been all smiles since we got home. It really is theraputic to be in your own home, healing, with your brothers and parents. These hospital stays, where we are all seperated and apart and basically just pass each other as we trade spots in the hospital or at home are good for no one. During those times, I notice, I need to be with my family. I want my boys home and together. It just seems we are all happier that way.

Caleb is so good and so funny. He makes a funny face and talks a lot. He waves and says "hi". He says "hey" and "what" and "Ga" constantly. I am fairly sure he is calling Gavin. He is a second away from walking. He walks around all the furniture. He thinks about taking a step and then drops to the floor and crawls. He is so fast. The other day he had half of the dogs food thrown all over the kitchen before I even got there. That was fun. He is mommys boy for sure. He follows me everywhere I go and I love it. I can't get enough.

Gavin is great. He loves the 1st grade, his school and his friends. We just finished his African-Amercian Project for Black History Month (and when I say "we", I mean "me".) We have the science fair coming up where I will make a diorama of the planets. No, I am not going to lie to you and say he will do it. The truth of the matter is, he will help and eventually lose interest and I, in the interest of getting it done, will do it. He is 6. There is only so much that can be expected of his attention span. If you don't want parents to do projects, wait 4 more years and then assign them.

The snow has been insane. I am sitting here waiting for the next 5-10 to drop tonight. I am so done with snow. Nick made use of some of the huge piles in the yard, he and Gavin started building a real igloo. I think he was saying something about sleeping in it one night. Ha. Pneumonia is not on the menu this month. Needless to say, if he and Gavin want to bring sleeping bags out there for an hour one afternoon, that would be fine.

And we are good. Mostly tired. Surgery takes a lot out of us. The anxiety, no sleep, worrying, trying to work as much as possible. We are tired. But we are ok. January is over. We have a 7 week break before the next surgery. Nick is on vacation soon. We are looking into a weekend away for the two of us. It will all be fine.

More updates to come.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Owen is doing well! Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog. It really is amazing how connected we mommies get when we all go through similar situations! You're doing an awesome job! Now, get some rest and take care of yourself!
    Many hugs!

    ReplyDelete