Wednesday, April 8, 2015

No food prep=bad scale results

It's been a busy month. It was my birthday (29 again!) and the twins birthday. We hosted Easter and we are a day away from O's surgery. In order to prep or cook for these other things, I gave up food prep. And I feel it.

I got on the scale this morning and weeks of birthday cakes, cupcakes, pizza, baked ziti, Mac and cheese etc, etc... has taken its toll. I've ordered lunch out at work. We had Chinese one night. I'm up 6 pounds and it's not surprising. 

So after wallowing about it this morning I started my lists. Owen has surgery tomorrow. We leave for Philly sometime in the very early morning tomorrow. I am hoping/praying/wishing we will be back by Saturday. I have filled up my peapod cart with tons of fruits and veggies and I have been working on my menu for next week. I am picturing lots of protein smoothies, protein muffins, salads with veggies, nuts and fruit, and dinners of protein and vegetables. I am going to lower my carbs which have been a bit out of control and concentrate on protein. I know this is a recipe that works for me and when I replace spaghetti with zoodles, I tend to get thinner. 

There are no holidays for a few months.
Mothers and Fathers Day but we don't have to make those food based. Now is the perfect time to get back to my food prep and since its spring (allegedly) it will be easier to get good fruits and veggies. 

And grilling!!! The grill has always been an amazing tool in eating healthy. A little olive oil, some herbs, spices and 15 minutes outside with a platter of meats, tofu and veggies. The kitchen stays clean and we just naturally eat healthier. 

I learned my lesson though. Both Nick and I have felt sluggish, heavier and like the gains we were making are undone by 3 weeks of no food prep. It makes me feel sad and disappointed. 

Sunday's food prep menu:
Blueberry protein muffins 
Marinated tofu and chicken
Spaghetti sauce
Sweet potatoes with cinnamon
Granola bars 
Lentil "meat" loaf
Black bean soup 

Veggies for the week: spinach, broccoli, cauli mash, zoodles and lunch salads 

No comments:

Post a Comment