Saturday, March 28, 2015

Welcome to Hogwarts!

Today is a different kind of post! Today was my twins 5th birthday party and in a effort to keep it small (cheap) this year, we let them invite a few school friends and we just had immediate family. It still ended up being a houseful but it was fun. And I am quite proud of all the projects I made over the last few weeks in order to turn our house into Hogwarts. 

Why Harry Potter? Well, I started reading HP to the boys last August and we are now on book 4. They love it and so do I. I love reading to them 4-5 nights a week. I love that they love Harry. I love that they ask for it. I love that they talk about it. The characters are part of their everyday conversation. The whole situation is just full of win. 

So when they asked for a Harry Potter birthday, I was so excited. It was further confirmation that they too love our reading and I knew it was going to be so fun to do. I immediately started pinning ideas. Here is what I decided to do:

Pin the scar on Harry, Ollivanders Wand Shop and the sorting hat for the sorting hat ceremony. 


The Hogwarts Feast table, Platform 9 3/4, the Mirror of Erised and the Azkaban wanted poster.


The Chamber of Secrets came alive in our bathroom, complete with moaning Myrtle!


Quidditch in the boys room.


The twins. 


Some of the decor I bought- castle decals, Hogwarts decals, & the fat lady


The cake table. My first real big fondant job! The cupcakes were funfetti with vanilla buttercream and the cake was chocolate with salted caramel buttercream. 


Candy! 


Some more of the feast! 


Some of the cutest wizards you ever did see! 

Some wonderful wizards and witches! And my oldest up to no good! 


And of course, hedwig!

Needless to say it was an amazing day and I hope it's one the boys will remember forever!!!

Mischief Managed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment