Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I am taking the train....

No more driving! I have worked in NYC for 6 years and for the first maybe 6 months, I took the subway everyday from our apartment in Yonkers. I would either drive down to the 1/9 train or take a cab every day. It was a pain in the ass. So was transferring to the 2/3 express at 96th Street with the hoards of crowds. I hated every single minute of it. Then I got pregnant with Gavin. My morning sickness was horrendous. I would have to go running off the subway to throw up in a trash can. So, I started to drive. I found a cheap garage- $200.00 per month and I was perfectly fine to drive. It took too long to get to work and back, but I did not care. I could deal with my morning sickness by myself while listening to music and not having anyone falling asleep on my shoulder. I got spoiled and I kept driving...until tomorrow. After 5 years of driving, I am starting to take the train. For the months of July and August, I will forgo the car altogether and walk every day from my home to the Metro North and catch the 4/5 at Grand Central. I will repeat on the way home. I am sure in the sweltering heat, I will hate it. But so far, June has not proven to be a heat wave. I need time to relax so I am hoping the combination of reading something pleasant, while listening to my ipod and having someone else at the wheel, will accomplish that. I will keep you updated on my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment