Friday, March 19, 2010

Maternity leave has begun!

From today at 3:30 until August 2, 2010, I am off from work for maternity leave. Now it feels like 4 months will take an eternity. I am sure once the twins are here it will fly. I am looking forward to having a good portion of the summer off. I think it will be great to be home with Gavin and the twins and have that time to spend together as a family. Nick is off for most of the month of August so that is great too. We both will get lots of quality time with the kids. It will be broke time, but quality time. I plan to frequent my moms pool and get a park pass for Westchester County so I can take him to the kid pools and parks. We will do a lot of walking. A lot of playing in the backyard and a fair amount of sitting in the A/C. G can ride his bike a lot while I push Caleb and Owen around in the stroller. By July, the babies will be 3 months and easier and more fun. I remember by 3 months with Gavin, I felt like I mildly knew what I was doing when it came to him. I wonder if there is a learning curve with twins. At some point in there, we will hire a babysitter and hopfully she will help out too. Between taking Gavin out or keeping the twins so I can take him to a movie or something, it will be helpful. I hope we find someone soon. We are supposed to meet with a couple of people this weekend, so maybe we will like some of them. And then I have another project...decorate the basement! I am looking forward to that. I am going to scour the craigslist free section and hopefully get some good finds. I need a couch, tables, dresser or wardrobe. I will buy couch covers and new bedding for the full size futon we have. I eventually will need a queen size bed for when the family comes to visit. I want a fresh coat of white on everything. I have rugs to put down there and a shower curtain and mats. So with a little help from craigslist, I can furnish the place and the live-in nanny will feel at home. A trip to the Christmas tree shop will get me dishes and glasses for down there and we are all set. All in all, I am looking forward to the summer!

3 comments:

  1. Put your feet up, relax and take some *you* time! With this great weather, what expectant mom doesn't deserve a pedicure?

    Wishing you all the best for the months ahead. Treatment for Clubfoot will wisk by, you'll see perfect little feet on all your boys soon.

    All the best!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog and memories of your family. You guys are wonderful and I am sure there many memories you are sure to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I appreciate you taking the time to read!

    ReplyDelete