Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our last night as parents of just one.

I can't believe it but tonight is our last night as the parents of one child. Tomorrow at 1:30 we go from parents of one to parents of three! I am nervous and scared and excited. I cannot wait for the surgery to be over and to be holding my little boys. Today flew. I tried to have a relaxing day, but it went so fast. We had last minute chores to do, laundry, grocery delivery, and some bill paying. Now since we have picked Gavin up from school, it feels like the night is flying. Soon it will be his bedtime. I wish I could get him to hold still for a minute and give me the hugs and kisses I want, but he just doesn't see why he needs to hold still. I just want to savor my last hours as just Gavins' mom. But the energy of a 5 year old and the donut I let him have afterschool as a treat, wins out and I am left begging for kisses!

I wish I knew what tomorrow was going to bring, besides two new additions. I wish I knew if Owen (my twin with the clubfoot) was ok in every other way. I wish I knew if the c-section was going to hurt. I wish I knew if the twins would enjoy sleeping like their mama. I wish I knew if Gavin is going to be over the moon about them.

Tomorrow I become the mom of three boys, two of which are twins. I feel like I am embarking on a journey, one crazy journey. I can't wait to see what life brings us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment