Thursday, June 17, 2010

The last two weeks...

Its been almost 2 weeks since I posted. Its just been really busy around here as usual. Nick came home and Mary Anne went home. We have had PT and OT every day and I suppose the most interesting news is that we were given 5 days a week PT through early intervention for 45 min a session. That was great. I was ready to battle for 3 days a week and after I said what I had to say, they said okay to 5 days a week. Aunt Kathy came to stay for this week and Gavin graduated from kindergarten! I cannot even believe that he is going to first grade. I remember when he was the size of the twins. He is growing up so fast but we are so proud of him. I will post pics of him in his cap and gown when I get a minute.

The babies are doing great. Both are smiling and cooing, which is adorable. Owen is moving his head more and more from side to side, which is something he could not do at all when born. He is wearing his bar between his braces and it is heavy and quite industrial looking, however, much to my surprise he is able to kick that thing. I imagine its a good workout for his thighs. I love to see him smiling. I have been so worried that with all of the crying, through his therapies and appointments that he may not be a happy, well-adjusted child. But I am assured by people who would know, that although this year will most likely stink, Owen will come out of this a happy boy. I am trying to just keep that in mind as we go through this process.

Caleb is so cute. He smiles so much at me. He almost looks shy right before he does it and you can see how happy he is. I love it. He also coos a lot. He will ooohhh and aaahhh with me as if we are having a conversation. I cannot explain how cute it is.

And G is off for the summer! We let him have a few friends over for a graduation bbq and we celebrated not only his moving on to 1st grade, but also to the school around the corner next year. We will miss St. Peter's but he will be great at Lincoln and its a great school and its a block and a half away. No more afterschool until 6pm, no more stress in the evenings while we try to squeeze in homework, dinner, bathtime, time with us, and scooby. I think this will be a good change.

I am looking forward to my last month off before I return to work. I have all three kids home (ha, I know I am crazy) and I hope we can figure out how to enjoy this summer around appointments and therapy.

Coming up next week is more OT, PT, meeting our early intervention therapists and a short trip to STL. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment