Friday, July 30, 2010

A quick update...

The babies are 4 months! And in one month, Gavin goes to 1st grade. WTF??? Where did the time go? He was as small as the babies one minute ago. Life is moving so fast and I feel like I am the only one dragging my heels. I don't want my babies to get big yet. I need more time.

The biggest news of late... Caleb is sleeping through the night! Whoo hoo! But Owen is not. So while it feels like a big acheivement, its kind of bittersweet.

Owen went to the ENT and thankfully, we are all good. No hidden clefts or anything odd in this mouth, other than tightness due to the muscles in his face. He is currently being casted twice weekly and he has another tenotomy on Tuesday on his clubbed foot. He has been using his hands so much, its so amazing to see. He can move individual fingers and even reached for a toy hanging from the bouncy chair this week over and over. It was great. Such a proud moment for me! Owen is too sweet. Every time he looks at me he smiles. It melts my heart.

We had our 4 month appointment the other day and it turns out that Caleb has mild torticolis (meaning his neck is bent to one side because the muscles are too tight or short). Most likely this happened in the womb or because of his reflux. He found a relief position and he goes to it so often that the muscles tightened. Just what we needed. Lucky for us, this changes our schedule none and he will begin having PT on the same days Owen has PT. Hopefully this will be resolved soon because Caleb has no patience and is quite loud when screaming, so I forsee PT being a lot of fun.

Apparently, Owen is not gaining enough weight. Caleb is 13lbs, 6ozs and Owen is 9lbs 13.5ozs. So we have been cleared to start solids. We are on day three of rice cereal and we have tried pears and today sweet potatoes. They are so cute covered in baby food. I myself, don't enjoy being covered as much, but its a hazard of the job. I am not worried yet about his weight, because he eats a lot. 4ozs every 3-4 hours and sometimes a little more. I am not sure where the food is going, but I am just praying that its nothing more than him needing a little rice cereal in his life.

I am a few days away from going back to work. It was supposed to be Monday but then tenotomy was scheduled and so we have casting monday now and tenotomy on Tuesday. So Wednesday is my first day back. I am sad to be leaving the babies. I miss them already and their little smiley faces. I will enjoy adult conversation and an uninterrupted, hot cup of coffee, but still, they are my babies and I wish I could be with them.

Caleb is screaming and Owen is looking like he is on the edge, so I am off to feed them before bedtime (theirs and mine!). Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment