Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to work and the plan for August

August is turning out to be a crazy month. Nick is home alone with the kids for this week and then the babysitter starts. I am looking forward to this because the twins need to get used to her and she needs to get used to them and everyone can do this while Nick is there to help. Nick can take Gavin to do some quality outings and Soledad (the babysitter) can attempt to get the twins on a schedule that works for her.

However, there a few kinks in the plan. Caleb has PT now on Tuesdays and Fridays when Owen does, so Nick is going to be bringing both babies to the city and Owen has many appointments. Besides our normal routine of casting, PT and OT, he has to see the eye doctor, have a chest x-ray, the neuro-muscular doctor and the pulmonologist. The neuro-muscular doc is pretty much a second opinion to make sure we are covering all of our bases and just to see if anyone else has any ideas that may help. The eye doc is to make sure his vision is fine and to see if the quality of muscle in that area can be assessed and the pulmonologist and chest x-ray is to make sure that his chest area is not too small causing issues for his lungs. The orthopedist wants us to check this out because he isn't gaining weight fast enough and she says that its possible if he is having a hard time breathing or is working hard to breathe then he could be burning a significant amount of calories which would be affecting his weight because he is so small. We shall see.

In other news, Owen had another tenotomy today. He is doing well. He is sore and cranky and I think he had a much harder time this time because he is bigger, older and just plain tired of this process. I am glad its over and hopefully this time we can achieve full correction and hopefully it won't recur at all or at the very least, as fast.

Tomorrow I am back to work. I am having such an issue with letting go of Owens appointments and being able to have that face to face time with his doctors and ask as many questions as I can. I know it will be good to get back to work and have a little time to myself. I know Nick can handle the appointments. I just wish I could be there. This has been my job for the last 4 months and its hard to just stop for the month of August.

And lastly, there is about 4 1/2 weeks until my sister-in-law gets married and 6 1/2 weeks until my sister gets married and I am so excited for them and for the weddings. I think both are going to be a great time. Besides having to shop for dresses for both (which after having twins, you can imagine, is a real downer) I am really looking forward to seeing two of my favorite people get married to two wonderful men. Its a very exciting time for our families. And I cannot wait to see my boys all dressed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment