Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF and a few updates...

Really. Thank God its Friday. The weeks are going quite fast. My babies are 5 months old and my big boy is literally a week and a half from going into 1st grade. Not only that, but my sister-in-law gets married in one week!!!! And my sister gets married in three!!! So so so excited about the weddings,seeing family and friends and partying!!!!

This week we tentatively scheduled our sleep study at CHOP for September 23-24. I say tentatively because Dr. Campbell is out of the country for most of September, so we are waiting to see if he can see us on the 24th. Otherwise, if there is a better date for him, we will move it.

Owen has gained a little more weight. He is 10lbs, 13.7ozs. I am quite proud of him, although our docs are not all that thrilled and they want us to see a nutritionist. There was mention of a G tube but I am going to figure that was a mistake made when doctors were consulting with one another, because he is not having a G tube. He eats. A lot. He finished his bottles. He loves fruit and cereal and dislikes vegetables, like all children. Getting food down his throat is not the problem. Its getting his body to gain weight from the food that seems to be an issue. I am not seeing how a feeding tube will help that at all. I am not worried about it, I am not discussing it. Its just not happening and thats the end of that.

Other than that, we had our feeding/speech evaluation for EI. It went well. Not surprisingly, he has no speech delay. At this age, he isn't expected to do much and the very little he is expected to do (i.e. gutteral sounds) he is an expert at! Feeding is another issue, but again, it has nothing to do with getting the food down his throat. Its all about the tight musculature in his face and how he needs work on those muscles. We will get feeding therapy once a week. OT should be starting next week sometime and then we will have all of our therapy ducks in a row.

All in all, its been an eventful August and I am looking forward to September and all these family events and also getting into the routine of school and the babies and figuring out an action plan for Owen. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment