Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, Christmas-time has arrived! This is my most favorite time of year. For those who know me well, you know I start singing Christmas carols in October. I plan our annual Christmas tree cutting get together (except this year I notice attendence is suffering, ah hem, let's get it together people), I plan cookie baking, plan my office holiday party and have something doing every weekend.

And it's Gavin's birthday! Gavin Sedey was born December 2, 2004 at 8:13pm. He took his sweet time getting here and arrived like hell on wheels. When the nurses put him on the table he tried to push up on his arms. They said to me, "Oh, you are in trouble!" And I have been ever since. But what a wonderful gift my Gavin is. He is hysterical. Lately he says the funniest of things. He is 6 going on 36. For instance, he is going to marry a billionnaire, she is going to work and he is going to stay home, unless they have kids. Then he is making a job for himself. (Because who wants to take care of kids!) He is a trip. Over the last 6 years nick and I have watched him grow into a thoughtful, happy, energetic, smart, intuitive, resilient, loving and caring little boy and we are so proud to say that he is ours. So our December starts off with a very special celebration, this year in the form of a lego party. Happy birthday G, we just love you to pieces.

After G's party we cut down our tree. I love the whole ordeal of it. We go to a farm, tailgate with our family before boarding the big red tractor pulled hayride to the top of the hill where the big trees grow. Most of our family and friends find their tree in the first half hour, while our tree always hides from me until everyone is losing their patience and anxious to get out of the cold. I am sorry. Blame my tree!!! We go home and get the tree up and I spend lots of time piling the lights on while cursing under my breath, because it hurts for f*cks sake! Then we decorate and spend the next hour or so admiring our work from the couch. This year we will have to figure out how to hide the tree from the babies since Caleb has bypassed crawling and now pulls himself up and as of this morning was taking steps to the left and right depending on what he wanted to touch. So ideas on how to hide the tree from them are appreciated.

From there we are onto Christmas concerts both at church (Gavin is the little drummer boy) and at school. Holiday parties, NYC windows and the Rockefeller tree viewing and then last minute shopping.

Most of all, besides the lights, gift giving, wrapping paper, I just love seeing all my family over and over. It starts at Thanksgiving, which we got to spend in St. Louis this year with Nick's parents, Kate, Erik, Heidi and Dan and continues through Christmas. I love all the time we spend and all of the fun and laughs we have. We are so lucky to have an amazing family and lucky to keep adding to our family with such amazing people. For the last few years we have gotten to spend Christmas Eve with my new brother-in-laws family, hopefully starting a fun tradition of eating and drinking and being Merry with their family. My in-laws are coming to our house for Christmas this year and we are having dinner with my parents and sisters. It really is what makes this time so special.

It's the twins first Christmas. I cannot wait to see them stare at the tree, or attempt to eat wrapping paper.

This is the best time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment