Friday, December 10, 2010

Thank you....

It's a time of reflection for me. Christmas time is emotional for me because its always been such a happy time of year. Family is all around and everyone is thinking of each other, getting gifts for one another and sharing meals. I have so much to be thankful for this year. I cannot tell you how many people have reached out to us, near and far, some family, some friends, some strangers. People from high school, people from law school, people who have kids with similar disabilities or who don't. I cannot even stop myself from crying while I write this because I am just so overwhelmed by the good people in our lives. Thank you doesn't seem adequate. I am not sure there are any words that can accurately express my or our gratitude.

Not one kind act has been unnoticed by us. I am not sure if we expressed it at the time. Sometimes we are so involved in what is going on, that after we get through a procedure or a crazy day, I wondered, did I seem grateful enough. Or after a letter was written or an email sent, I wondered if I was appreciative enough. If not, I apologize. I am so thankful, so grateful, so appreciative.

Over the summer, my wonderful mother-in-law, not only dropped everything and came more than once (and cooked and cleaned and held babies), but called all of her sisters and set up weeks where they came, one sister a week to stay with us and just be another set of hands. They did laundry or cleaning or dinner or holding babies. It was always holding babies. Kate Sedey came, for what was one of my most fun weeks that summer. And fun was hard to come by. Ma and Joe, thank you for all your support. For dropping things, rescheduling things. For everything. And I know, if you were closer, you would be there every single day. Kate I know you would be as well.

My mom and dad, for coming to appointments, for sleeping over, for letting us nap. For handling appointments. For everything too.

Everyone has done too much for me to list. Really.

Al and Bri. For being us, when we couldn't be. For all of your time that you have given to us over the last 8 months. So we could nap, so we could leave the house, so we could take G somewhere. For taking G to movies or for sleepovers. For trying to make up for some of the attention he missed from us. For the meals, the relief, the karate trips (to both schools), the friendship. You guys have become our best friends. We cannot describe how much all of this has meant to us.

For all of you who have babysat or come to hold a baby, Carla, Markus, Maureen, Erika (for wine and baby holding). Thank you so much.

For those who lend an ear when we needed to cry or talk. For those at KIPP for understanding and for making things easier instead of harder.

For all the moms who reached out to me to tell me I am doing a good job, or to hang in there, it gets better. For those who walked me through his treatment. For those who said prayers, sent good thoughts, who crossed their fingers and toes.

This year has really opened our eyes to all of the support we have out there. Before now, we probably didn't need it, we never even had to consider needing it. As soon as we did though, you all came out of the woodwork and offered whatever you could to help and I am not sure we would have made it through this year without you.

So thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For everything! For all listed here and for all thats not. Every single act of kindness, we appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment