Friday, October 29, 2010

Events of the week...

Owen is up 1 1/2 pounds! Yay!!! That pound and a half was hard work mind you! He had to eat butter, olive oil, meat-3x per day, rice cereal at every feeding, have more formula for each ounce of water, eat ice cream, whipped cream and pumpkin pie. Whoo hoo! Now we just have to keep this (horrendous, but yummy) diet up until he is a chunker like his little brother Caleb. I could not be more thrilled.

We have our MRI this coming week. Please send good vibes, prayers, thoughts, whatever you do, please. Anesthesia makes me nervous. Its one of the drawbacks of my profession. I know what can potentially go wrong. So I worry, have anxiety and earn myself a few gray hairs over it. (Ha, no you cannot tell, because I dye it.) We will be at CHOP in the PICU overnight and a lot of people say there is no better place to be. I am trying to find comfort in that.

As you all know, its Halloween. The babies are being Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Gavin is being the Cat in the Hat. Its going to be precious. As soon as I have pictures, I will post them on shutterfly (link can be found to the right of this post).

Aunt Patty is here visiting and she is meeting the babies for the first time. It should be a fun weekend.

Week one of dieting was not fun. I was cranky a lot and fell off the wagon (not the cheese wagon, the cookie wagon). Why is it that on my first diet week, everyone in my office bought cookies? So I had some. And then I felt bad. I did good though for the most part. Ate my lettuce. Are more lettuce. Ate even more lettuce and realized, I am hungry. So, I ate lettuce and other things, like soup or whole wheat pasta covered in veggies. Here are some things I learned this week: 1) I do not need 2 cups of pasta, like I thought. I can eat 1 cup of whole wheat pasta covered in my peppers, onions, spinach and olives and its more than enough food, 2) If you eat more than one 100 calorie pack at a time, it defeats the purpose, so needless to say, I am done with those, 3) A skinny latte with sugar free caramel syrup goes far at 3pm, 4) I can live without cheese. I may not like it, but I can do it, and lastly, 5) I don't need to sautee things in half a cup of olive oil. 2 teaspoons is plenty if you mix it well.

Happy Halloween!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment