Sunday, May 23, 2010

My husband is pretty amazing

I imagine he may be a bit embarrassed that I wrote this, but it needs to be said. He has always been a wonderful husband to me and he has always been a wonderful father. I could not have picked better. But to be able to maintain wonderful husband and father status over the last two months has been amazing. For instance, and there are a million instances I could write about, but take this weekend for example. He came straight to the hospital to help me juggle three kids (two of which are "well" children who could not be near the sick kids). He took two kids home and did dinner, a feeding, bath time, dishes, and then came back to bring me clothes and dinner. He did nightime duty alone and successfully woke to feed Owen. Not for nothing, Nick once slept through a Tool concert, so sleeping through Owens small cries was more of a probability than a possibility.He did breakfast duty with Gavin (it was leftover chinese, but it counts!) Did laundry, got everyone clean and ready and out the door to come relieve me for a while so I could go spend time with Owen and Gavin. I went back to the hospital for the night and again, he handled two kids and managed to fold laundry, clean the kitchen and bathroom and make it so that when I came home, the house was spotless and the kids were happy and waiting for Mommy. He is just amazing. I know, its his job to take care of his kids but lots of dads wouldn't do all of the things that Nick does in order to keep me and them happy. Lots of moms would come home to a disaster area and have to work to restore order. Instead, he took a stressful situation and did double the work. I am just so thankful that I have him.

3 comments:

  1. I am really proud of my son, and equally proud of my daughter-in-law. You two take good care of each other in the midst of all of this and that is truly remarkable. Love to you both, MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to know that you just lost any potential Marriage Ref argument/defense with this post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Bri...hell no. I still will win that argument no matter what because I will have priceless video...

    ReplyDelete